Oh how I have been craving citrus lately!
I don’t know how you can’t though. It is sweet, refreshing, and filled with tons of nutrients it is a sure win across the board.
However it is very important to juice the oranges yourself to assure the highest quality and make it worth your while. Even juices in the store that claim to be “freshly squeezed” have a small shelf life which means they have been pasteurized. This is a heating process done to the juice to allow them to have a longer shelf life. During this process however, some key vital nutrients are lost. Some awesome benefits from fresh orange juice include:
1. Each glass of fresh orange juice provides you with your recommended daily dosage of Vitamin C.
2. There are enough flavonoids in fresh orange juice that can help to lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels.
3. Along with being high in antioxidants fresh orange juice contains large amounts of dietary fibre, folates and thiamine.
4. Studies carried out have shown that it can protect you against cancer and heart disease and improve the way your immune system responds to attacks.
5. By drinking fresh orange juice you can reduce how much damage free radicals are doing to the cellular structure of your body.
6. The various phyto-nutrients and flavonoids to be found in freshly squeezed orange juice can help to protect you against various degenerative diseases.
(Thanks to hubpages.com for that info)
Also, by drinking the juice instead of the actual orange you are able to get a lot more oranges than you would probably get if you were to sit down and eat a bowl of oranges. In my juice that I make I use 8-10 oranges depending on the size and how much I want. I also like to add 1 lime for a mild twist. So many nutrients in one glass you can’t beat it!
Hope you like orange juice and all the added benefits you can get from it!